Fairfield Plantation Fire Rescue's Fire Marshal oversees all activities
within the Fire Prevention Division such as:
- Holds responsibility for the fire prevention division; enforces the provisions of the Fire Prevention code and the laws and regulations of the State of Georgia & Fairfield Plantation pertaining to fire prevention and fire protection.
- Has responsibility for the inspection of all buildings and premises in Fairfield Plantation in accordance with the provisions of the Fire Prevention Code.
- Reviews building and fire sprinkler plans to assure fire code requirements are met.
- Investigates complaints received by the Fire Prevention Division; establishes and maintains comprehensive records of all business transacted such as complaints, inspections, investigations, notices served and permits written.
- Investigates origin and circumstances of fires which involve loss of life, injury to any person or persons or damage or destruction of property. Takes charge of evidence of the origin of the fire.
- Makes reports available to the Fire Chief; provides information to the Fairfield Plantation POA and/or Manager, businesses, and the public upon request.
- Plans, organizes and directs all public education and fire prevention events. Instructs fire prevention and CPR classes.
- Preforms department record keeping and data management.
The Fire Marshal also participates in developing short and long term goals for the fire department's strategic plan and oversees the development of the department's annual report, which provides an overview of fire department activities and highlights for the previous year. The Fire Marshal is also the department's Compliance Officer which oversees the reporting of all run reports to the state and federal databases, personnel files for state and ISO compliance, as well as department data entry and processing for ISO and state audits.